This version in effect since January 30, 2020
Protecting your privacy is important to Palate Cafe Hastings Inc. and its affiliates (“Palate Kitchen”). This Policy explains how Palate Kitchen collects, uses and discloses the personal and non-personal information you may provide to Palate Kitchen website: (i) while using Palate Kitchen’s website and the services provided through the website (collectively the “website”); or (ii) while otherwise corresponding to or with Palate Kitchen (collectively, “Correspondence”).
1. By using the Palate Kitchen website or by submitting information to Palate Kitchen through or in connection with the Palate Kitchen website or via Correspondence, you signify your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy and Palate Kitchen’s General Terms and Conditions (which are available here). If you do not consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy and the General Terms and Conditions, you may not use the Palate Kitchen website.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE
2. Non-Personal Information – Palate Kitchen website automatically collects certain non- personal information regarding users, such as the date and time you access the Palate Kitchen website, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Palate Kitchen website, the browser and operating system you are using, and the Palate Kitchen website pages read and content accessed or downloaded. This non-personal information is used for system administration purposes and to improve the Palate Kitchen website. Non- personal information may be disclosed to other persons and permanently retained for future use. If non-personal information is combined with personal information, then the non-personal information will be treated as personal information.
3. Cookies –
Palate Kitchen website uses “cookies”, a technology that installs a small amount of information on a user’s computer or smartphone to permit the Palate Kitchen website to recognize future visits using that computer or smartphone. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Palate Kitchen website. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Palate Kitchen website (so you do not have to enter information every time), offer personalized page content and information for your use, and otherwise, facilitate your Palate Kitchen website experience. You may choose to decline cookies if your computer or smartphone permits but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the Palate Kitchen website.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU SPECIFICALLY PROVIDE
4. Your Personal Information – During your use of the Palate Kitchen website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your personal name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and other information). You can choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but then you may not be able to use certain services provided by Palate Kitchen or access or use certain features of the Palate Kitchen website.
5. Use of Your Personal Information – Palate Kitchen uses your personal information for the following purposes and as otherwise permitted by law: (a) to contact and correspond with you
regarding the Palate Kitchen, your visits to Palate Kitchen restaurant, and promotions offered by Palate Kitchen and its suppliers and contractors; (b) to respond to specific requests from you, and to otherwise administer Palate Kitchen’s relationship with you; (c) to process orders for products or services from Palate Kitchen restaurant and to facilitate your transactions through the Palate Kitchen website; (d) to process suggestions and comments provided by you; (e) to help us better understand visitors’ use of the Palate Kitchen website; and (f) to administer the Palate Kitchen website and to protect the security of the Palate Kitchen website when necessary. Palate Kitchen may also develop a confidential profile for you, which will be used to
provide services to you and facilitate your use of the Palate Kitchen website and may keep a record of all communications with you.
6. Communications from Palate Kitchen – Subject to you providing your express or implied consent and applicable laws, from time to time, Palate Kitchen may send to you email, text messages or other communications containing information about Palate Kitchen, current promotions or specials, the Palate Kitchen, programs offered or administered by Palate Kitchen, and other matters Palate Kitchen believes will interest you. At any time, you may ask Palate Kitchen to stop sending you such email, text messages or other communications by sending your request to Palate Kitchen’s Privacy Officer at the addresses noted below. Also, each email Palate Kitchen sends to you will tell you how to decline further communications.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information – Palate Kitchen may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances and as otherwise permitted by law:
(a) Authorized Disclosure: Palate Kitchen may disclose your personal information as permitted by Palate Kitchen’s General Terms and Conditions.
(b) Disclosure to Authorizing Persons – If you use the Palate Kitchen website on behalf of another person or organization (such as your employer), Palate Kitchen may provide your personal information to that authorizing person or organization. Palate Kitchen has no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, the use of your personal information by your authorizing person or organization, and that use is not subject to this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to the person or organization on whose behalf you use the Palate Kitchen website, you may not use the Palate Kitchen website.
(c) Disclosure to Affiliates, Agents, Suppliers, and Service Providers – Palate Kitchen may provide your personal information to its affiliates, agents, suppliers and service providers for use in connection with matters relating to your use of the Palate Kitchen website, in order to provide products and services to you, to bill you and process payments for the products and services requested by you, and as otherwise permitted by law. Palate Kitchen requires its affiliates, agents, suppliers and service providers to agree to use your personal information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If at any time you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to certain or any other persons, please send your request to Palate Kitchen’s Privacy Officer at the addresses noted below; however, this may affect your ability to use the Palate Kitchen website, participate in programs offered or administered by Palate Kitchen, or receive products or services from Palate Kitchen.
(d) Disclosure in Business Transfers – Palate Kitchen may be involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of its businesses. As part of that sale or transfer, Palate Kitchen may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization but will require the acquiring organization to
agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy and applicable law.
(e) Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure – Palate Kitchen may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where Palate Kitchen has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to its legal counsel. Palate Kitchen has no control over, or liability for, those persons’ use and disclosure of your personal information, and that use, and disclosure is not subject to this Policy.
8. Accessing Your Personal Information – You may request access to your personal information and information about Palate Kitchen’s collection, use and disclosure of that information by sending your request to Palate Kitchen’s Privacy Officer at the addresses noted below. Subject to certain exceptions and limitations prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. You can help Palate Kitchen maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying Palate Kitchen of any changes to your personal information.
9. Depersonalized Information – Palate Kitchen may use personal information to create non- personal information regarding the use of the Palate Kitchen website and related services. Palate Kitchen may then disclose that non-personal information to other persons and permanently retain that non-personal information for future use.
10. Business Contact Information – To the extent permitted by law, the provisions of this Policy concerning “personal information” do not apply to information (such as your personal name, position or title, business address, business telephone number, business fax number and business email address) which enable you to be contacted at a place of business.
11. Location of Information – Palate Kitchen will store and process your personal information in Canada and the United States of America. The laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada. The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada and the United States.
12. Securing Your Information – Palate Kitchen employs reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in its possession or under its control in order to protect that information from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
13. Other Websites – The Palate Kitchen website may contain links to other websites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website. Palate Kitchen has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other websites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
14. Policy Changes – To accommodate changes in Palate Kitchen’s businesses, the Palate Kitchen, changing technology, and legal developments, among other things, this Policy may be changed from time to time in Palate Kitchen’s discretion and without any prior notice or liability
to you or any other person. Palate Kitchen’s collection use and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time. New versions of the Policy will be posted on the Websites. Your continued dealings with Palate Kitchen or your use of the Palate Kitchen website subsequent to any changes to this Policy will signify your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the changed Policy. Accordingly, when you use the Palate Kitchen website you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version. You should also bookmark this page and periodically review this Policy to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version.
15. Former Users – If you stop using the Palate Kitchen website or your permission to use the Palate Kitchen website is terminated, Palate Kitchen may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time.
16. Contacting The Company’s Privacy Officer Palate Kitchen’s Privacy Officer may be contacted by mail, or email at:
Palate Cafe Hastings Inc.
d.b.a. Palate Kitchen
848 W Hastings St
Vancouver, BC V6C 1C8
Attention: Privacy Officer